Today while walking the dogs around the property (something I do in the morning and evening - every day), I noticed that there are several of the early, small wildflowers poking through the dead grass. The air was filled with the sound of twitterpated birds and there were several new gopher holes prevalent in the goat pen. The goats are ready to start kidding any day and my 6 hens gave me 7 eggs yesterday. One of the ladies is on double duty. Very soon, I will try to get one of my hens to sit on a nest - unlike last year when we built the incubator and spent 3 weeks methodically turning each egg several times a day. This year, there is simply too much going on with the gardens and Tony being gone so much with work, and so I have decided to simplify as much as possible. Maybe it will work.
It is rather windy out there, but the sun is shining and the weeds are waiting to be plucked - lots of them. I hope you are all able to enjoy a bit of this blue sky/warm sun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment